Alternate Position

Alternate Position.




  1. A variation on standard: The footstool is higher, and the guitar is resting on the knee in a different location. This place the instrument a little more to the player's right side, which will help many players feel more comfortable. The guitar is in a similiar position as a gutar strap holding the instrument.
  2. Traditional flamenco sitting position. The flamenco guitar I am using in the photo is very light in construction. I could also use my chin to help balance the instrument if I wanted to.
  3. A more contemporary flamenco position. A favorite among guitarists of all styles. This position helps relieve stress in my back and shoulders. I use it for short periods of time everyday,but i try not to spend too much time here, and I don't recommend useng this as your normal sitting position.